Thursday, December 2, 2010

How to Fly your Cat Plane

So yesterday Sam & I watched "How to Train Your Dragon" while we were working. It was a frustrating day, we were both having issues with color, and it felt like I was banging my head against a wall. I was having a bit of tunnel-vision, so I thought I needed to shake things up somehow. The movie was fine, there was some good stuff and some not-as-good stuff, but it was sort of fun to note all the behaviors that the dragons in the movie and regular cats had in common. So, I thought I'd apply the principle of "Dragons are essentially flying cats with fire" to our own cat, Ripley, and do a quick drawing for fun.
Then, of course, since Sam & I both have Norwegian backgrounds I had to put us in there as Vikings.

Ripley is a feisty, stout, loud American Bobtail, and she just has a little stub tail that waggles when she's excited. She's named after Sigourney Weaver's character in the Alien movies.
Ripley, on a hot day.
Makes me wish I had more time for fun little doodles! And drawing people I know as Vikings.

11 comments:

Bryce Homick said...

:3

Nancy Muller said...

Hahaha I got a good kick out of this~ you two look great as vikings, and Ripley makes one hell of a dragon!

spoff said...

pretty much perfect

jen mussari said...

I love this :D

B.Wallz said...

AWESOME!!!

ed said...

hahahaha fantastic!

Radstronomical said...

UGH you're making me miss lil' rippler!

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

What are Harry Potter and Pippi Longstocking doing on Ripley the flying cat?

Jordan Jeffries said...

Haha, excellent!

Unknown said...

Ripley needs to marry Bobtail Dylan, my kitty. Jen said the are the same cat in boy and girl form.